Updated: Jul 15
Elevate your salad game with the irresistible allure of a Honey Mustard Cobb Salad. This flavor-packed creation combines crisp greens, juicy tomatoes, creamy avocado, crispy turkey bacon, and tender chicken, all perfectly drizzled with a mouthwatering honey mustard dressing. Each bite is a symphony of textures and flavors, with the sweetness of honey perfectly balanced by the tanginess of mustard.
PS. Not only does this salad satisfy your taste buds, but it also offers a wholesome and nutritious meal. Packed with protein, vitamins, and antioxidants, the Honey Mustard Cobb Salad is a guilt-free indulgence that will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished.
Vibe: A song that pairs well with a Honey Mustard Cobb Chicken Salad is "Empire State of Mind" by Jay-Z featuring Alicia Keys. This iconic collaboration captures the energy and vibrancy of New York City, which mirrors the diverse and bold flavors of the salad. The dynamic rap verses of Jay-Z and the soulful vocals of Alicia Keys create a captivating synergy that complements the contrasting elements of the salad. Enjoy your Honey Mustard Cobb Chicken Salad while immersing yourself in the empowering and confident atmosphere of "Empire State of Mind".
1/3 cup honey
3 tablespoons stone ground mustard
2 tablespoons smooth Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound chicken breast (boneless, skinless, and sliced)
salt and pepper to taste
1 bunch kale (rinsed and chopped)
1 head Romaine (rinsed and chopped)
4 eggs (boiled)
1-8oz package turkey bacon
1 pint cherry tomatoes (rinsed and halved)
¼ red onion (diced)
1 avocado (quartered)
1. To prepare the dressing, add honey, ground mustard, Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and garlic powder to a shadow bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
2. Grill chicken. Add remaining olive oil to medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Season chicken to taste with salt and pepper. Cut chicken into 1 inch stripes before adding them to skillet. Cooked until heated through and no pink remains (about 7 – 8 minutes). Remove from heat.
3. Cook turkey bacon according to package directions. Remove from heat, stack bacon strips and lay them horizontally. Chop bacon into bite-size pieces no larger than the width of your finger.
4. Cut avocado into quarters. Then slice each quarter.
5. Prepare the salad. Add 1 cup chopped kale, ½ cup chopped romaine, one hard-boiled egg (halved), 2 Tbsp chopped turkey bacon, ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, ¼ avocado and 1 Tbsp red onion to a medium-sized salad bowl. Drizzle 2 to 3 tablespoons of honey mustard dressing over salad.
6. Toss and enjoy.