Savor the essence of love with these Red Velvet Cookies crowned with a creamy, decadent Cream Cheese Icing. Crafted with care, each bite unveils a symphony of flavors, blending rich cocoa with hints of vanilla. The velvety texture of the cookie, studded with pockets of white chocolate chips, melts in your mouth, leaving a trail of sweet satisfaction. Drizzled with a luscious Cream Cheese Icing, these crimson delights offer a harmonious balance of sweetness and tang. Perfect for Valentine's Day or any occasion, these cookies are a heartfelt expression of affection, inviting you to indulge in moments of blissful delight.
Vibe: For a smooth and romantic ambiance while baking these delightful Red Velvet Cookies, I'd recommend playing "My Funny Valentine" by Chet Baker. Its soulful jazz melodies and heartfelt lyrics perfectly complement the warm and cozy atmosphere of baking, adding an extra layer of charm to your Valentine's Day baking session. Let the soothing sounds of Chet Baker serenade you as you create these sweet treats for your loved ones. Enjoy the music and the delicious cookies!
For the Cookies:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons red food coloring (adjust based on preference)
1 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
For the Cream Cheese Icing:
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In another large bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract and red food coloring.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
6. Fold in the white chocolate chips or chunks.
7. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are set. The centers may still be slightly soft.
9. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. For the Cream Cheese Icing: In a bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and butter until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating continuously, until well combined. Stir in vanilla extract and mix until the icing is smooth and creamy.
11. Once the cookies are cooled, drizzle the cream cheese icing on top for an extra touch of sweetness and visual appeal.
12. Enjoy these Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing as a delightful treat for Valentine's Day or any occasion!